School / Kindergarden- welfare work with children
Do you love working with children? Then our welfare project for children in Costa Rica will be just right for you. The schooling system in Costa Rica is very different from your country. Often, the kindergarden and school are closely located or even in the same building which means that you will be able to work with toddlers but also older pupils.
Social Voluntary Work
Depending on your English level you will be placed with younger or older kids. Volunteers will asist the local stuff in all areas as you can see below.
Speaking English is getting more and more important due to rising tourist numbers. Your job is going to be as a consultant for the english teachers in the schools you are going to support them in their subject and if you are very confident with the language and you show dedication you can also support other teachers in other subjects. Create small exercises for you students, make them smile while their learning and think of appreciation in the children’s eyes.
How you can help:
- Helping to teach children
- Attending to and interacting with the children
- Creating activities and entertaining the children with games and songs
- Teaching basic English, hygiene and spirtual values
- helping with kitchen and other duties
All volunteer places are in public schools. Children are between 6 and 14 years old.
Typical day in Costa Rica kindergarden/school:
Every day is special! By working with kinds every day is special and different. We would like to help you to get an overview about a tipical day volunteer day:
- 07.30/08.00: tipical breakfast with your host family
- after walking or taking a bus to your project
- 09.00: starting your volunteering
- 1.00 pm: ending volunteering - some schools till 3 pm
- afternoon: hanging out with other volunteers, duing acivities such as going to the cinema, going to swimming pools or just go in town.
Free time & weekends: discover Costa Rica.
Costa Rica is a greate place to discover. You can see a lot of nature, animales, beaches,... enjoying your Pura Vida life
Accommodation: in the city you will stay in one of our great tico families. You will be alone or share with another volunteer your accommodation. At the beach you stay in one of our volunteer houses, runned by local families. At your accommodation you reseive two tipical meals a day.
Placement options: city - minimum stay 4 weeks, beach - minimum stay 8 weeks.